Quotes are a great source to find inspiration. I put together 20 powerful quotes by famous people below to inspire and motivate you. If you find one that really speaks to you, write it down and look at it every day. Relying on inspiring words from important people will keep you focused and determined.
Once you finish finding inspiration with these quotes, see our other quotes by clicking here.
20 Quotes By Famous People
1. “If today were the last day of your life, would you do what you are about to do today?” – Steve Jobs
2. “If everyone likes what you’re doing, then you’re doing it all wrong.” – Hope Solo
3. “Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.” – Carol Burnett
4. “True justice is paying only once for each mistake. True injustice is paying more than once for each mistake.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
5. “Stay away from ‘still’ people. Still broke, still complaining, still hating and still nowhere.” – Denzel Washington
6. “Nah.” – Rosa Parks
7. “Sometimes good things fall apart so that better things can fall together.” – Marilyn Monroe
8. “Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.” – Dr. Seuss
9. “Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.” – Maya Angelou
10. “Never expect God to do what you don’t do for others.” – Bob Marley
11. “If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.” – Bruce Lee
12. “If you were born poor, it’s not your mistake. If you die poor, it is your mistake.” – Bill Gates
13. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
14. “No matter what people tell you, words and ideas CAN change the world.” – Robin Williams
15. “Don’t worry about being successful but work toward being significant and the success will follow.” – Oprah Winfrey
16. “Once you choose hope, anything’s possible.” – Christopher Reeve
17. “You miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretsky
18. “Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.” – Stephen King
19. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas Edison
20. “Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction.” – JFK
These words by themselves are inspirational but quotes by famous people really add an extra boost. One of my favorite quotes from this list was the one from Dr. Seuss. It really speaks to me because I missed enjoying so many precious moments in the past. I was always worried about something, or focused on something else to recognize the value of that moment. Now I realize the value of each moment that I have.
Which of these quotes by famous people really spoke to you? Let me know in the comments below.